IKV TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM
The Economic Development Foundation (IKV) offers unpaid traineeship opportunities for undergraduate or post-graduate students interested in Turkey - European Union relations. The aim of the internship program is to increase the awareness and knowledge of young people about Turkey-EU relations and to provide them with the opportunity to play a more conscious and active role in Turkey’s EU accession process.
Description of traineeship:
Trainees are based in the Istanbul office of IKV. Each trainee supports the work of the IKV experts in conducting research on Turkey-EU relations and Turkey’s alignment with the EU acquis.
• Conducting in depth research on Turkey-EU relations;
• Preparing news articles for the IKV weekly e-bulletin covering the developments in Turkey-EU relations, EU institutions and member states;
• Assisting with the organization of international conferences and panels;
• Attending conferences on Turkey-EU relations and preparing event memos;
• Updating the organization’s English webpage;
• Preparing a final research paper as a requirement for completion of the traineeship.
• Demonstrated interest in Turkey-EU relations (courses taken in relation with Turkey’s EU membership process or prior professional experience in this area is an asset);
• Be at least a 3rd year student of BA European Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Law, Public Administration or Economics.
• Have very good organizational, communication and writing skills (essential);
• Have an excellent knowledge of English (knowledge of other languages is an asset);
• Have strong computer skills.
How to apply? :
Our traineeship program has attracted great interest over the years. Interested candidates should prepare an application pack containing a copy of their résumé (CV),
a cover letter
explaining their motivation for applying to the IKV traineeship program and clearly indicating their preferred dates
for a traineeship, together with a recent writing sample in English on Turkey-EU relations, European integration or EU policies
. The application pack should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
with “name surname and traineeship period (dd/mm/yy- dd/mm/yy)”
in the subject line.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we cannot respond individually to each applicant. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a phone interview. If the interview results are positive, they will be offered a place in the IKV traineeship program.
Given the high volume of applications, earlier applications are encouraged and will be given priority. Especially for the summer period we recommend that you apply at least 6 months in advance.
• IKV accepts trainees on an unpaid basis. However, buffet lunch is offered to the trainees free of charge.
• Trainees are admitted on a full-time basis. However, on exceptional circumstances a limited number of part-time traineeships might be available during the fall-winter period. Part-time trainees are expected to work at least 2.5 days a week.
• The minimum traineeship period is one month.
« previous Page: 1 next »